Florida Securities and Tax Fraud: Criminal Defense Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Joseph S. Rosenbaum, P.A., in Miami, Florida, we vigorously defend clients against securities fraud charges. If you are charged with securities fraud, you need a lawyer who is experienced in both criminal defense as well as the federal law of securities. This federal law involves violations of federal law as they apply to 15 U.S.C. § 77 & 78. Attorney Rosenbaum has been personally representing private clients for the past 14 years. His securities fraud defense experience includes the defense of many different types of cases including but not limited to the following:
- Insider trading
- Buying or selling securities not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Making false statements or omissions of fact in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Engaging in interstate communications with prospective purchasers of securities involving any device, scheme, or artifice to defraud or mislead.
Similar to other types of fraud represented by Attorney Rosenbaum, securities fraud employs deception, trickery, concealment, and/or dishonesty to achieve a desired result. Clients charged with violating securities laws face civil and criminal punishments. A first conviction of securities fraud can land you in prison regardless of whether or not you have a clean record.
If you are being questioned in connection with an SEC investigation or have been charged with securities fraud or tax fraud, contact Attorney Joseph S. Rosenbaum to receive skilled legal representation to protect you and your family from the dire consequences of federal prosecution.
IRS Tax Fraud
In addition to traditional auditing, the IRS is catching tax fraud offenders through a new whistleblower program which allows whistleblowers to anonymously make money by receiving 15 to 30 percent of the IRS cut if the tax fraud comes out to at least $2 million. With the latest IRS motivation to prevent tax fraud, clients facing tax fraud charges need the legal expertise of an attorney who has handled these types of cases. Attorney Joseph S. Rosenbaum has defended clients involved in the following types of tax fraud:
- Deliberately underreporting or omitting income,
- Overstating the amount of deductions
- Keeping two sets of books
- Making false entries in books and records
- Claiming personal expenses as business expenses
- Claiming false deductions
- Hiding or transferring assets or income
According to the IRS, if you are charged with tax fraud you could face 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for individuals or $500,000 for corporations. If you feel that you may be involved in tax fraud or if the IRS has contacted you regarding the types of activities described above, contact Attorney Joseph S. Rosenbaum at 305-446-6099.
Payment plans available